Request ID: 1089
Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Reports to: Senior Policy Officer, Intelligence Analysis
Directorate / Department: Continental Operational Center in Khartoum
Division: Office of the Deputy Executive Director, Research and Capacity Building Unit
Number of direct reports: 0
Number of indirect reports: 0
Job level: P2
Type of contract: Regular
Number of positions: 10
Purpose of work
- The Policy Officer (Liaison and Data Collection) collects data on human trafficking/smuggling of migrants and other related transnational organized crimes from various sources, including United Nations forces databases. order and surveillance and intelligence networks, and prepares them for further analysis by the Senior Policy Officer (Intelligence Analysis).
- The Policy Officer (Liaison and Data Collection) will perform the following tasks:
- Develop annual work plans of activities for assigned region in accordance with the Centre’s strategic goals, objectives and priorities.
- Collect data on human trafficking/smuggling of migrants and other related transnational organized crimes from national and regional law enforcement agencies and other intelligence community stakeholders.
- Process and manipulate datasets on human trafficking/smuggling of migrants and other related transnational organized crimes compiled by law enforcement.
- Prepare tables, graphs and other outputs for reporting and presentation of various data.
- Assemble and review original statistical material for accuracy, clarity and validity, and make adjustments as appropriate.
- Maintain relevant computerized databases.
- Liaise with national law enforcement agencies and other intelligence community stakeholders to ensure the constant flow of data.
- Participate in the organization of regional and continental workshops, seminars and conferences;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Policy Officer (Intelligence Analysis).
Academic requirements and relevant experience
- Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in a numerical discipline such as statistics, mathematics, computer science or survey methodology or other related disciplines with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience in working with investigations and analysis of secondary data in the security sector.
- A master’s level combined with a minimum of two (2) years of continuous and combined experience is also acceptable.
- Experience in data management in a security organization or similar.
Required Skills :
- Strong analytical skills and mathematical abilities.
- A clear understanding of statistical terms and concepts
- Written and oral communication skills
- A high level of precision and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability in computer skills including statistical packages, proficiency with email and internet applications and experience using office software applications such as MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to identify, extract, process, analyze and disseminate statistical data.
- Conscientious and efficient in respecting commitments, respecting deadlines and achieving results;
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to develop clear objectives that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Ability to identify priority activities and assignments and adjust priorities as needed;
- Ability to work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Personal commitment, orientation towards objectives and search for results, flexibility and respect for diversity.
- Ability to evolve in a multicultural environment.
- High level of autonomy at work, but with a deep team spirit
- Fluency in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish). Knowledge of one or more other working languages would be an added advantage.
- Change management.
- Risk management.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Responsibility Awareness and Compliance
- Orientation to learning
- Communicate with influence
Functional skills :
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Knowledge and information sharing.
- Drive for results
- Focused on continuous improvement
Duration of appointment
- The appointment will be made on the basis of a fixed-term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months will be considered as a trial period.
- Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
- Fluency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage.
Indicative base salary of USD 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per year plus other related entitlements e.g. post adjustment (46% of base salary), housing allowance of 16,819.20, 00 USD (per year) and Education Allowance (100% of tuition and other education related expenses for each eligible dependent up to a maximum of 10,000.00 USD per child per year ), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of USD 3,300 per child per year for locally recruited staff.
Click here to apply