HP is revolutionizing the way our customers experience and use our products and the way we do business. We are looking for an experienced and innovative Data Governance Project Manager to lead efforts to ensure compliant implementation of data systems and build trusted relationships to advance all legal forms of data use. The position will also work strategically to align data-by-design and privacy principles from the earliest stages of development and ensure that the accumulation, analysis and actions the business chooses with the data meet the established regulatory compliance needs. This role will help develop new uses for data through programs, reviews and initiatives in the areas of privacy, data protection, governance and security. It also includes responsibility for implementing requirements and processes to ensure that HP’s high ethical standards are met throughout the data usage lifecycle.
Detailed job description:
HP places great importance on being a leader in data protection, which starts with active and well-structured data governance.
The Data Governance Project Manager will be responsible for interacting with internal legal, compliance, governance, privacy, cybersecurity and other data teams, as well as developing measures to track, demonstrate and developing the compliant use of data. The right candidate will also need to be an active industry participant and contributor to data management and governance forums and organizations. They must be excellent communicators and have the ability to translate the complex into understandable and actionable forms.
- Manages interactions within our organization to ensure compliance with privacy-by-design and data protection principles for all aspects of our data lifecycle.
- Identifies areas for improving local practices relating to data privacy management.
- Leads the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Performs regular business process data assessments, identifying and mitigating risks.
- Supports pan-HP data governance efforts and advances accountability across the enterprise with effective tools, training, and guidance.
- Communicates program progress, escalations and issue analysis to key stakeholders.
- Acts as a key interface with the data science, business intelligence and analytics communities, both inside and outside of HP.
- Ability to effectively lead change management efforts in an organization.
Training and experience required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business administration, engineering, computer science, with specialization in technology and/or experience.
- 10+ years of practical experience in data governance, at least 5 years in data governance leadership.
- DAMA (Data Administration Management Association) certification preferred.
- 5+ years of project management experience.
- PMP/PMI certification desired.
- Knowledge of risk management principles.
Knowledge and skills:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to educate and influence on all aspects/knowledge areas of data governance.
- Competent in data governance and data management/architecture best practices and standards.
- Hands-on experience with a leading metadata repository and/or automated data governance tool.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), in particular the ability to communicate with diplomacy, credibility and confidence.
- Ability to effectively communicate program plans, proposals and results; and trading options at the senior management level.
- Strong business acumen and successful track record in managing all aspects of programs, including communicating with stakeholders and leading cross-functional teams and resources.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration skills, particularly in leading or contributing to global and cross-functional teams.
- Highly motivated to contribute and grow in a complex field of emerging importance.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to influence without authority.
Application submission information: